I am a PhD student in Computer Science at the University of Trento (Italy), under the supervision of Prof. Alessandro Moschitti and Dr. Bruno Lepri. I am broadly interested in machine learning, natural language processing and data analysis. My research focuses on developing machine learning models and neural networks to predict people's activities from textual and geo-spatial data. These models find application in the intersection between natural language processing and urban computing, involving topics like human mobility and land use classification through semantic data.
- March 2018 I will serve on the Program Committee of ECML/PKDD 2018, the European Conference on Machine Learning (Applied Data Science Track).
- March 2018 I will serve on the Program Committee of Coling 2018, the International Conference on Computational Linguistics.
- March 2018 I will give a training course on Data Science for Sustainable Development at the next Data for Development Festival in Bristol (UK) together with Data Pop Alliance!
- February 2018 My talk "What's going on there? Understanding cities with location data" has been accepted to PyData Italy! See you in April in Florence!
- January 2018 Our demo Achille on mobility network is now available on-line, achille.fbk.eu. Very happy to get feedbacks from you!
- January 2018: I am now research affiliate at DataPop Alliance, a global coalition on Big Data and development created by the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, MIT Media Lab, and Overseas Development Institute. Great!
- November 2017: 2nd place at the data mobility challenge organized by CIKM 2017!
w/ Bruno Lepri (Fondazione Bruno Kessler), Michele Ferretti (King's College London) and Luca Pappalardo (University of Pisa).
[pdf] [slides] [Video]
- October 2017: 1st place at the Italian Football Hackathon on match analysis. Here the video on our genetic approach to mine the football secrets! (sorry, it is in Italian)
- August 2017: I have been selected to participate to the next Google PhD Summit on NLP, let's go to Zurich!
- August 2017 Not a working news, but still something nice to share. I just finished the Camino de Santiago. From Pyrenees to Finisterre, walking 890km in 26 days. Amazing experience!
- June 2016 Our work on Structural Semantic Models for Automatic Analysis of Urban Areas has been accepted to ECML/PKDD 2017! See you in Skopje!
- July 2017: attended the Deep Learning Summer School in Bilbao, Spain.
- April 2017: On-line the video and the slides about my talk on machine learning models for human mobility at PyData in Florence, feedbacks are more than welcome!
- December 2016: Third place IBM Watson Services Challenge at CLIC-it 2016 with Alessandro Moschitti, Emanuele Rossinelli and Andrea Mariani.
- November 2016: We released on Kaggle our dataset and code about mobile phone activity in Italian cities.
- Oct 2016: I spent 5 months at IBM Research in Dublin working on machine learning models for human mobility.